Johannesburg 15th September 2021
Report by Maj Gen RC Andersen (Rtd)
- As can be seen from the pictures above, good progress is being made with the Zoo Gun. It is hoped that it will be returned to the Johannesburg Zoo by the end of October. Thanks are particularly due to Gunners Bloem, Niemand and Blume.
- The 40mm Bofors has been transported from the National Memorial Site to Potchefstroom Powder Coaters for a respray.
Heritage Gun Register
- The Register of Heritage Guns has been updated for recent “finds” and now has 467 guns recorded of which 206 have been verified since the project commenced.
- It is hoped that Covid-19 will be under sufficient control to enable the Cape Town and Bloemfontein guns to be inspected shortly.
- The transferring of the Register to a database, which was delayed by our volunteer testing positive, is now progressing.
Gnr Roy Andersen