On 19 March 2017 the Western Cape Branch of the Gunners’ Association held the Annual Gunners’ Memorial Service in the Company Gardens in Cape Town. Participants included:
Chief Functionary: Maj Gen (Gnr) Roy Andersen
City of Cape Town: Deputy Mayor Ian Neilson
- National President – Gnr Du Preez
- National Chairman – Gnr Hoole
- WC Chairman – Gnr Ashton
- National Deputy President – Gnr Crook
- National HLP – Gnr Prevost
- National HLP – Gnr Pretorius
- National HLVP – Gnr McKinney
- GOC Brig Gen Makina
- CWO Niemand
Padre Anthony Bethke conducted the service and the message was delivered by Deputy Mayor Neilson.
The troops on parade and the gun troop were provided by the Cape Field Artillery.